What Should I Do if My Commercial Dishwasher Malfunctions and Overflows with Water?
Professional Water Removal by SERVPRO Gets Your Covina Kitchen Back Up and Running
When you have a commercial kitchen in Covina, the chances are good that you rely on your large-scale dishwasher to run regularly. However, if this major appliance malfunctions, it becomes a hassle and leaves you with the need for prompt cleanup. Whether there is an issue with the plumbing connections or something else happened, how you proceed right after you notice the problem makes all the difference in the scale of your water loss even. Failing to act soon enough leaves your interior subject to exponential damage that becomes costly and hazardous before long.
Do I Need Professional Water Cleanup?
Calling in the help of expert cleanup services to assist with water removal in Covina limits the amount of damage within your commercial space. Whenever there are standing puddles of water, quick action helps to inhibit them from seeping into the cracks and crevices of tile flooring, behind baseboards, and other tight spaces. If the water is left to permeate for too long, it can cause damage to tiles, and the subfloor beneath starts to warp and expand after taking on the excess moisture.
What Might Have Caused My Dishwasher Leak?
There are several causes for a commercial dishwasher to leak, which includes:
- The dishwasher is not level
- The gaskets are worn
- The wrong dishwashing agent was used
- The door to the dishwasher is broken
- The dishwasher tub is defective, and more
When you have a dishwasher leak in Covina, you need to call in the help of skilled technicians before exponential damage occurs with materials like:
- Electrical Wiring
How SERVPRO Can Help
With a phone call to us for emergency response, we arrive at your place of business as quickly as possible to begin the assessment phase. We know that your kitchen is unable to operate safely or effectively without total water removal, so we are available to work around the clock, seven days a week. You can count on us to ensure your kitchen is back to work fast, and your employees can work uninterrupted.
There are a couple of factors that come into play with each water removal job that we perform:
- The scope of the loss determines how much cleanup is required. Multiple factors go into water restoration planning, and the size of the kitchen is a significant element. Our team uses a formula involving the amount of water in the room and the size of the room to determine the kind of equipment that should be used for extraction. If the space is smaller-scale and the mess is slight, we may use a wet/dry vacuum and industrial fans. If the space is larger-scale and the mess is substantial, we may use submersible pumps or truck-mounted extractors.
- We leave no water behind. Our technicians work diligently to ensure that no moisture is left behind in your business. We utilize moisture detection technology that tells us what moisture is left and where it is located. Failing to pull out all moisture from the walls or flooring could result in mildew or mold growth.
How Can I Tell if Water Crept Under My Tile Flooring?
This depends on whether you have ceramic tiling with grout lines or if there is laminate tile in the kitchen. Each has its own set of issues when involved in a water loss situation. With laminate tiles or glue-down tiles, they can become loose after losing grip on the substrate below. The materials the tiles are made from will also play a role in whether or not they can be cleaned and reused.
If you have ceramic tiles with grout lines, there is usually a sealant in places that helps to prevent damage in a water loss incident. If SERVPRO technicians find that the seal is nonexistent or worn, the grout may be porous and then has the potential for harmful mold growth.
Fast, Efficient Cleaning and Disinfecting
We understand how important it is that your commercial kitchen is clean and sanitary to resume regular operation. When we come in for water removal and restoration, you can count on us for:
- Methods set forth through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to facilitate professional cleanup.
- Cleaning solutions that are fully EPA-approved and applied by skilled teams wearing proper personal protective equipment (PPE) for both your safety and theirs.
When you have an unexpected leak in your business, you should never hesitate to call in the help of trained professionals for water removal. Get in touch with us at SERVPRO of Azusa/Covina today at (626) 387-4111, and we can send a team out for emergency service to make it “Like it never even happened.”