A Pipe Has Been Slowly Leaking in My Covina Kitchen, Why Should I Call SERVPRO?
Our Trained SERVPRO Technicians Can Handle Water Damage Restoration to Bring Your Covina Property Back to Pre-Loss Condition
Water leaks can happen from time to time, and it is a matter of how you address them that counts most. You want your interior back to normal as quickly as possible, but trying speed-dry methods may not ensure adequate results. SERVPRO knows that everything within your Covina home is precious to you, so we work under the idea of restoring versus replacing whenever possible. These preservation efforts go well beyond protecting your walls, flooring, and other building materials from secondary damage.
If you are a homeowner seeking skilled help with water damage restoration in Covina, you can trust the SERVPRO team for helpful advice and expert techniques. Our staff knows how to work best within your structure and adjust accordingly to ensure the utmost efficiency and results. This gets done by taking the time to re-evaluate our water removal and drying efforts periodically so that we are on track with meeting our goals. Proper water damage restoration should never mean a cookie-cutter or one-size-fits-all type of approach.
Water damage in your Covina home can be caused by water leaks. There are many different types of interior causes of water leaks, which start with some of the appliances often found in the home. Some of the more common causes for water leaks that we see at SERVPRO includes:
- Plumbing – Whether a shift in the piping caused a slight fracture or the piping material corroded, plumbing can cause a slow leak that may not be detectable until the damage is done.
- Refrigerators and ice makers – A break in the water line or failure can cause water to leak behind your fridge, and even under the baseboards.
- Dishwashers – There might be leaking in the door seal, which can send water across the floor. There might also be a problem with the wastewater hose.
- Water heaters – A failing water heater could cause a leak that results in water damage around the unit.
- Sinks, tubs, and toilets – Overflowing tubs, leaky sink shower drains, and toilet issues can be cause for alarm that must be addressed by trained professionals.
- Washing machines – The hose connecting your washing machine can crack due to age; you may have a failed gasket that causes a water spill.
- HVAC systems – Improper maintenance or malfunction can lead to a leak.
What Should I Do Right After Noticing We Have a Leak?
The longer that water and hidden moisture lingers within your walls or under flooring and cabinetry, the more damage it brings. This secondary damage can become costly, and you run the risk of mold development. Our advice is to contact SERVPRO right away. We are skilled water damage restoration technicians with the proper methods and tools to quickly and efficiently get the job done. We will:
- Assess – We evaluate the area where the water is coming from to pinpoint the leak and formulate a plan of action.
- Extract – We use water extraction tools and thermal drying technology that target with heat and dehumidify the wet surfaces.
- Document – We take the time to document all damage, including items packed out for cleaning or things that we dispose of. This helps your insurer to have all of the necessary information for your insurance claim.
- Prevent – With any water loss situation, mold prevention is critical. We use EPA-registered anti-microbial agents that help to inhibit the onset of mildew and mold.
- Restore – We always work to repair or restore rather than replace whenever possible. In some situations, controlled demolition and replacement is necessary to achieve the best results.
What Steps Do You Take During the Project?
If you have an area that is small or limited to one room, you may become tempted to clean it on your own. However, you never know where moisture may have migrated. No moisture should be left behind, which calls for professional techniques. For any size or scope of a water damage restoration project, we use specialized equipment and water mitigation methods that get the job done fast.
- Safety first! We assess the space, ensuring there are no slip-and-fall hazards or electrical dangers. This may require shutting off the power to that area of your home while our technicians work.
- Address soaked materials and furnishings. This will include carpets, carpet padding, furniture, and other removable items from the water loss zone. We assess each item to determine salvageability, which is dependent on how much water was absorbed.
- We use mops, squeegees, wet/dry vacuums, pumps, and other tools to pull up any standing water.
- Weather permitting, our crew may open up windows and doors to help facilitate drying with natural air movement. This gets used in conjunction with our dehumidifiers, air movers, and industrial fans.
- We adjust our equipment and approach as often as necessary throughout the project to achieve the best results.
- Any building materials removed and disposed of due to excessive water damage get replaced with brand-new materials. Everything gets finished off to make it look, “Like it never even happened.”
- All surface areas are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected using our EPA-registered cleaning agents.
Call SERVPRO of Azusa/Covina at (626) 387-4111 if you require prompt, reliable water damage restoration. You can reach our crew 24/7 for emergency service!