SERVPRO Provides Flood Damage Repair & Restoration in Covina
Call SERVPRO for Flood Damage Repairs & How Can Flood Damage in Covina be Mitigated?
After a flood damage event to homes in Covina, many homeowners wonder what they could have done differently to minimize the damage from floodwaters entering their homes. While flooding cannot be prevented, the amount of damage can often be controlled, especially if you are prepared. Homeowners can consider steps that are acceptable in terms of cost, appearance, and livability.
SERVPRO provides the residents of Covina with flood damage mitigation, repair, and restoration services. We can help you deal with the current flood damage to your home and work closely with your insurance adjuster to manage all of the associated costs.
Now is the time to consider action that homeowners can take to minimize the damage from subsequent flooding. As your home is restored after a flood, make changes to protect it from future flood events. In addition, the insurance company may adjust flood insurance premiums to reflect the precautions you take to protect your home.
Evaluate every situation and local environment to determine the best approach to take; however, consider these suggestions for flood-prone homes:
- Assess your risk of flooding where you live and work
- Dry flood-proof your home to prevent floodwater from entering
- Raise utilities above projected flood levels – hydrometer, water heater, furnace, etc.
- Utilize flood damage-resistant materials during the restoration of your home
- Prepare your home when flooding is imminent
- Move all important documents and valuable content to higher levels
- Maintain an up to date inventory of your home's contents
- Purchase flood insurance – discuss how to reduce your insurance costs with the insurance agent
SERVPRO can always help restore your home after a flood event. We respond in less than four hours from your call, and we are available 24/7 to respond to flood damage emergencies.
Call SERVPRO of Azusa / Covina and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (626) 387-4111.