Handle Fire Damage Caused by Grease Fires in Your Irwindale Home Safely
SERVPRO’s Tips for Preventing and Minimizing Fire Damage in the Kitchen
It is not hard to believe that cooking presents lavish opportunities for mistakes that often lead to household fires. Using too much grease or leaving a pan on the burner too long can ignite causing a fire that gets out of control fast. Before you know it, a small mistake leads to significant repairs in your Irwindale home.
All you have to do to get ahead of fire damage that may occur in your Irwindale property is to contact the expertly trained professionals at SERVPRO. We can help you understand how good habits and a few safety measures can help prevent grease fires altogether. Learning how to react to situations can make a significant difference in the losses you might experience when a fire occurs in your home.
While SERVPRO’s IICRC certified technicians go through extensive training to provide you with quality solutions to fire damage found on your property, our goal is to help you prevent fires through education. The more you learn, the easier it can be to protect your family and household items.
Remember, maintaining a clean, safe cooking environment helps prevent a variety of fires, so keep your stovetop clear of excess grease, oils, or flammable cooking materials. Heating oil for deep-frying or pan-frying requires individual attention, remaining diligent, refraining from being distracted and leaving cooking unattended on your stove.
Always read warning or instruction labels on cooking oil products. Heat ratings help you maintain a proper temperature, avoiding fires and preventing disaster. Using a thermometer, long-utensils, and splash guards can help eliminate fire hazards and injuries. Always wait for the stove to cool off before carefully wiping away oil spills.
If grease catches fire, baking soda, covering the pan with a lid, or using a class “K” fire extinguisher can help get small flames under control. However, you should always remain safe. Avoid putting yourself in harm’s way at all costs and get everyone in your home to safety immediately, then call 911 and your local SERVPRO for help getting things under control.
Contact SERVPRO of Azusa / Covina for fire damage restoration throughout the area, 24/7, “We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.” (626) 387-4111
Click here for more information on the city of Irwindale.